Friday, March 25, 2016

Recent Anchor Charts

So...After a MONTH LONG hiatus, I'm finally back! 
....Partially because it is the last work day before spring break and I am doing everything possible to avoid the daunting task of organizing my desk and part because it is just plain silly how long it has been. I really do love blogging, but this time of year gets SO crazy, amirite?!

Anyway, today's topic is everything ANCHOR CHARTS! 

When I first started teaching, I was all about using my class promethean board or finding the cutest possible printable poster for any of my teaching topics. As I continued teaching, however, I *finally* realized that:

A) Anything on the Promethean (or SMART board, whichever you use) disappears the moment you turn it off. (Crazy, right?!) Poof! The kids can't return to it and reference it throughout the year.

B) Printable posters, while they are cute and save wall space, are TINY! They are so hard to use for whole group lessons.

That's when I realized: Teachers all over the country...for years and years...have really been onto something. I purchased some chart paper and have never gone back!

I love getting ideas on Pinterest for new anchor charts, so I thought I'd share some of my recent charts that have brought engagement and success in my classroom as of late. Some are original, some have flair from other anchor charts that have been floating around Pinterest. Take a look!

PLOT


AUTHOR'S PURPOSE


WRITER'S WORKSHOP


TEXT STRUCTURE


SUBTRACTION NUMBER STORIES


I know it's a random selection, but hopefully someone somewhere finds something they like! What are your favorite anchor charts? How do you use them in your classroom? Comment below!

No comments:

Post a Comment