Thursday, December 1, 2016

Sequencing Snowman FREEBIE!

Happy December, everyone!

This week, my students have been learning about sequencing stories after reading. I'd like to share a fun winter-themed sequencing freebie that we tried out today! (As a bonus, there's one for summarizing using B-M-E as well!) 

To introduce sequencing, I used some sequencing puzzle cards (pictured on the right) that I snagged from Target this last summer. Students assembled the puzzles in partnerships and used the words First, Next, Then, and Last to describe what was happening in the puzzle. It was a simple way for students to get used to the process!


Next I modeled with several stories that we read together using this "Sequencing Snowman!" I printed it on 11 x 17 paper for display purposes. 


Finally, students were ready to try it on their own! For first graders, I allowed them to draw pictures in the spaces. I have also done this for 2nd graders with a lined paper version. Click on the picture to download for FREE! :-)

'

Don't forget to check out my TPT shop for other fun goodies!



No comments:

Post a Comment