Wednesday, January 20, 2016

Math Volunteers made EASY!


I LOVE volunteers in my classroom! However, I have struggled to find a system that WORKS with my class...until now. ***HOORAY!***

I don't know about you, but in the past this is how working with math volunteers would go down: I'd assign a day and prep ALL kinds of activities and assignments and it would be SO GREAT! Flash to a couple of weeks later, and my parent shows up in the middle of a math lesson. I've forgotten about restocking the activities and assignments, and all of a sudden I'm scrambling to gather something for the volunteer to work on with students. It ends up being a mess for everyone involved.

On a quest to make this time valuable for students and efficient for both me and the volunteer, I've created this product: my Primary Math Volunteer Guide. 


This product is intended as a ready-to-go resource for use with a volunteer that is working one-on-one with students. With this resource, you will receive everything you need to create an efficient, easy to use binder to help your volunteer hit the ground running with students! Volunteers simply pick up the binder and choose from 5 math "menus": addition/subtraction, coins/money, number sense, time/clock practice, and place value. Each topic "menu" has a page with easy to follow activities to help review reinforce the concept with students. Each menu also has a convenient space for you to post a sticky-note with student names so your volunteer knows exactly who to work with each day!


Included in this pack:


*Binder cover
*Introduction/assembly instructions
*5 Menus: addition/subtraction, coins/money, number sense, time/clock practice, and place value
*Addition Strategy Poster
*Subtraction Strategy Poster
*120 Chart
*200 Chart
*2 EASY TO USE recording sheet options


The topics covered in this binder can be used for:


Enrichment in Kindergarten
Intervention/Enrichment in 1st Grade
Reinforcement/Intervention in 2nd Grade





Already, it has made volunteering a breeze. The best part? Each topic page has a little sticky note slot for you to easily interchange which students your volunteer should work with each day. Take a look at one of the topic pages below:




ALSO included are these great addition and subtraction strategy posters for volunteers to reference with students:


The only thing that takes a little prepping is the math tub. With the binder, I give my volunteer a math tub that has all of the materials necessary. Here are some of the items I've included:





These are all things that I already had in my classroom. It took a little time, but it is definitely a "one and DONE!" thing. I love that!

Download this product in my TpT shop HERE!


Because this is something that I've struggled with for so long, this product was really a labor of love. I am really excited and happy about the results so far.

Have you found any volunteer systems that work? Let me know what you think!








No comments:

Post a Comment